I've had four of them over the years, down to one now, but I truly wish I'd kept the others. Each in it's way, was a very good rifle.

The 25-06 with the heavier varmint barrel, was one of the most accurate factory rifles I've ever used. It would put three 100 gr Sierra soft points into a .3" group, time after time. Silly me, I sold it!

Since 2009 the only one I have is a 375 H&H Tropical that shoots great! Very similar groups to those posted above. I've used it only to take 3 black bear, though I've carried it for elk. Just didn't get a shot when I was hunting elk with it. One bear was a bit over 300 yards, and a single shot killed it very quickly. Another was a bear wounded by another hunter. I followed it into the brush and killed it at 10 - 15 feet. That was pretty intense.

They carry easy. Come to the shoulder fast. Look pretty classy and are just a joy to shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, mine was purchased used. Before I put my paws on it, the rifle had gone to Africa with a well known gun-writer who took a wide variety of game with it. He liked it too.

Regards, Guy