Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by hatari
He's making a satirical joke. The illustration is that in RSA they hear fake news about America, and vice versa....

Exactly.DON"T TRUST THE MEDIA.

Originally Posted by Bugger
When I worked in Australia in 1990, my boss was from South Africa. He said it wasn't safe at that time in South Africa. Everyone, mothers taking their kids to school, parents going to PTA, etc. all carried handguns. I can't imagine what it is like now.

Tell your boss, I say he's a moron. Not safe in 1990?

Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris

Originally Posted by hatari

Maybe the guy in OZ was in an area of ANC turmoil. I can tell you that there was very little trouble I recorded in the Eastern and Western Cape or OFS back then. Have no idea about life in the Transvaal or Northern Transvaal then. (Or whatever they call it now. WTF is Gauteng????)

Nothing much has changed. Those areas are also least affected still today. Also something to keep in mind is that we have 9 different tribes within South Africa. You can never compare the Xhosa people we have down here in the Eastern Cape, to say the Venda people in the furthest North of Limpopo. I could immediately feel the difference in attitude between them and me, being a white man in their territory.Not an area that I want to be in.

So...which is it?

By the way, that area where I went to is called Louis Trichardt, which is not ANC territory. That belongs to the EFF, which is probably equivalent to your Black Panthers if not more radical. Would it be fair to compare the entire USA 's safety rating based on areas which belonged to Black Panther?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]