As the OP for this topic, I never meant to imply that it was not safe for Americans to visit RSA. I have hunted there, in Limpopo province, and also in Zim during the Mugabe era. I had no problems.

But I think it is different for whites who live there. Someone posted that the new Zim government might lease the farms back to the whites. Fine, but of 285,000 who lived there in 1985, only 15,000 remain.

In 2006 my PH in RSA told me that most Whites there send their kids out of the country to school, mostly in England, Canada, and Australia. Upon graduation they often try to stay there. Blacks must be given preference in college admissions, regardless of their ability, and white engineers are not allowed to be hired unless there are no blacks available.

Ramaphosa's remarks, quoted by Marius above, seem to me to say absolutely nothing of substance. I think a good translation would be, "Don't you whites do anything until we can figure out how to run the place with blacks and steal your stuff."

I personally would not be concerned in the slightest about hunting in RSA, or hunting with Marius Goosen, who comes well recommended. But if I lived there, my number one priority would be to leave.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.