That particular hunt was 2019 in Saskatchewan. Yes, the bullet did kill the deer, so that can't be argued. It's just not the kind of performance I want, particularly when I have $5,000 riding on a hunt. I much prefer the complete penetration scenario, along with good expansion and trauma while doing so. I feel much more confident if presented with an angling shot and the need to penetrate deeply. I think bullets like the Accubond and Partition do this quite well, and that's why I prefer them. I have killed quite a few deer with ballistic tips, mostly from a 270 Win, and a few from a 7mm-08. I can't say I ever lost a deer because of one. I have had several fail to completely penetrate, but did kill quickly. Some people prefer massive expansion, to the degree the bullet remains in the animal to "expend all the bullets energy" in the animal. The only problem with that philosophy is, it's not expended energy that kills game, it is destruction of vital tissue. However we accomplish that, doesn't much matter. To me, the extra vent hole of an exit is always a welcome asset too.