The following loads were developed in several Rem 700's, bedded in laminate Fajen, Boyd's stocks, or McMillen fiberglass.

120g Barnes triple shocks; 120g Nosler solid base
72.-73g of R#22
Rem brass
CCI250
bullet touching the lands
tiny groups, minus 1/2", often minus 3/8"

140g Barnes tipped triple shock or 140g Nosler Ballistic tip
Rem brass
9 1/2 primer
65.5-66.0g of IMR 4350
ballistic tip touching lands, .050 off the lands for barnes
Very small groups and you should expect the bullets to touch with this load
If your Rem 700 does not shoot this load, sell the rifle or replace the plastic stock!

150g Nosler Ballistic tip, 154g Hornady Sp flat base
Rem brass
9 1/2 primer
63.0g of IMR 4350
Bullet touching the lands
Minus 1/2" groups are normal

160g Sierra BTSP
61.0g of IMR 4350
Rem brass
9 1/2 primer
bullet .030 off the lands
Max load, approach with caution in your Remington!
The 160g Sierra BTSP is a premiere deer bullet, they just do not run off with this load. Dad, brothers, cousins has killed in excess of several hundred deer since the early 80's with this load. Deer not running off where I live is a big thing due to Jungle like conditions. Nothing fancy or high tec about this load, it just works in Remingtons and you can throw the load together in an stock rifle and it will usually shoot 1" groups. Again, work up to this load in your rifle. If there was a MAGIC load for deer in a 7 Mag, this would be it!

154g Hornady flat base
Rem brass
win mag Primer!!!! NOT fed 215
72.0-73.0g of R#25
154g Hornady Flat base
Bullet within .005 of the lands, if not touching the lands
Solid 3250 fps
Sub 5/8" groups at 100 yds
This is an elk load, many have been taken with it out to 550 yards! Extreme spread in velocity in single digits with this load! This load shoots through both shoulders on 350 lb hogs on broadside shots!

162g Hornady SST
Rem brass
Fed 215 primer
71.5g of Retumbo
Bullet touching the lands
3150 fps!
Groups in the minus 3/8" area, but you have to play with seating depth. My rifle likes a hard jam of .005.

If you want to shoot very small groups in your 7 Mags, learn to accurately measure seating depth, bed the action, freefloat the barrels, and for me...installation of muzzle breaks changed groups into sub 1/2" groups on all Remington 700's.

Not shooting the 7 Mag till the barrel is screaming hot(3 shot groups) and proper cleaning techniques to de copper every 20 rounds is critical on Rem 700's.

One good group does not mean much! We killed hell out of large mules riding mules in Az shooting from ridge top to ridge top shooting the above load with 140g nosler ballistic tips!

Ps. Barnes Tripple shock's usually copper foul less than noslers in my experience.

Good luck!

Last edited by keith; 09/06/13.