Handy thread!
I,m surprised I don't see any mention of anyone using Win Supreme 780 in their 7RM's. Wonder why? Availability perhaps, which is how I came to buy 5 cans of the same batch some years ago and am still working my way through it. At the time I had a stainless all weather Hawkeye and had worked-up a good load with Reloder 22, but when that ran out I couldn't find more anywhere in Melbourne. Tried AR2213SC (H4831) and got good accuracy but with velocity not much better than I was getting with my .280Rem. Couldn't get AR2217 (H1000) to perform up to expectation either. The Supreme 780 delivers good velocities and accuracy, and with ( so I am told!) the side benefits of a more even pressure-gradient, and a lower flame temperature for reduced barrel-erosion. Sounds like a sales-pitch, doesn't it!
The load I used in the Ruger with 24" bbl:
Norma cases
160 NAB
Rem 9 1/2 M
65.5 gr Win Supreme 780
.030" jump
MV= 2998 f/sec
Hodgdons list 65.7gr max. I could interchange 160 NPT without any POI change at 100 yds. Accuracy to .34", but realistic average 1.1 MOA. Shot a lot of game with this load- Sambar, Red deer and Fallow.
Now using a Sako M85 c/w 24.8"bbl with same components, but with 1/2 grain less powder (65gr), for MV3020 f/s.
I guess there is a good reason why Winchester use this powder in their Supreme factory loads! Anyone else tried it?
Cheers,
John