A few years ago,I cut myself gutting an elk. Back at camp I had 2# fishing line and some big needles for sewing up livestock which prove to be very dull. I put 4 stitches in my hand without any deadening except Jack Daniels inside and out. The pain isn't a bad as seeing your blood leaking out
Get your doctor to write a scrpit for a half dozen and then you can by suture kits at any medical supply house. We have two here in Colorado Springs.

I carry them now and I have a BIG first aid kit.

A second option is to get a few hypodermic needles that 2# fishing line will slide through. The hypodermics will poke through pretty easily and you can then feed the line through, pull the needle out and tie off. If you can't get it sewed within 4-6 hours, it probably won't do you any good

Buy a bottle of Providine or Iodine wash from some livestock supply company. Infection is about the most dangerous problem you will have.

As for kidney stones I now carry a few Dilaudid, Motrin and muscle tranquilzers. They all work in different ways according to the Emergency Room doc and you can take them all at once to releive the pain enough to get to the hopsital I haven't tried it yet as I have been stone free for 11 months now

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles