I own and love my 416 Rigby but I have to agree 100% with what Allen & Ray had to say and defer to their opinion as mine is VERY limited. I lugged that Rigby around chasing buff and it was heavy and yep, it took three (3) shots, all through the shoulder before he called it quits. If I'm going to tote a big action all day, then I'm packing a 450 which is what I'm having built. Also, Randy Brooks racked up quite a few one shot kills with the 416 and 350gr TSXs on buffalo. Layne Simpson also stipulates the 416 Weatherby @ 2700 fps is the most impressive buff killer he's ever seen. Just have to have the right bullet. The pressure problems with Remingtons were initial batches and have long been resolved. Very pratical caliber indeed. jorge

PS: I sat in a Yugo...once, but that's all it took. Relevance? Like most of my knowledge on a wide range of subjects I gleaned from reading or personal experiences by folks I know & trust.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”