Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Clip-ons are great in theory, but not so great in practice.
Something along the lines of a Bering Optics Super Hogster is pretty handy and high quality, and you can still pull it off the AR rail to use as a scanner.
An added bonus to a thermal that could possibly serve as a reason to have your employer make the purchase or as a tax write-off is to use the scanner during calving season to find a dumbazz two year old heifer's calf when she walks off and forgot where she left her calf. Or as a way to look at your buildings on a cold night to find areas of heat loss in need of extra insulation.

I am liking some clip-ons more and more.

I have 640 and 385 res thermal scopes and those work really.

That said, the AGM StingIR when mounted exactly at scope line over bore and with covers to stop any ambient light from reaching the scope lense is pretty damn sweet.

You can dial range in the day optic (of limited value) and the image is less intense in full dark, which is easier on your eyes.

The little StingIR weighs 8 oz so combined with a Leupold VX-6 3-18 it's a bit lighter than my Adder 640x50mm.

The StingIR is awesome as a hand held scanner and bridged with a PVS-14 (Night Vision) for a dual band helmet setup.

For calving the vehicle mounted Nightride units are a gamechanger.

Thermal video feed inside the cab to a tablet.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Hint..............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

LOL.

As per you're usual your way behind and sucking hind tit. wink (Just cause it bothers you and it's fun to push those buttons)

But you will be crowing about how you invented thermal in short order.

Any ideas on when you can pick up enough soda pop cans to afford your first suppressor?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.