Weird evening with the N-Vision Halo. Put my .22 GT with thermal on it on my tripod and was observing the field behind the house. Spotted several jack rabbits and was able to range them as far as 439 yards. Was then looking at neighbor’s cows 1000 yards to my south and saw a pair of coyotes with them. Was able to range the coyotes at well past 1k. Watched what they were doing and it looked like they were harassing a heifer that was calving. Took the mule down there to try and get a shot at a coyote. I did take a shot at 233 yards, but just didn’t have a good position and missed. Went back to observing the laboring cow. Something just wasn’t right with it so I went through the fence to get a better look. Once I got close enough I saw it wasn’t a calving heifer at all but rather a big sow. Didn’t look like she was birthing. She was popping her tenth at me but she couldn’t get up. The coyotes had been chewing on her ass end. Killed her with my 9mm. I’m sure the coyotes will feast tonight.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14