nice set ups.

love my super hogster

Originally Posted by geedubya
Yes.

Remember, with thermal, one is not (for lack of a better term) limitied to light or illumination, one is measuring the difference in the external temperature of an object in comparison to the ambient temperature. Consequently, day or night if that object's temperture is above ambient, it will stand out. The resolution and sensitivity of the sensor is a major factor in detection range and identification of an object.

The Super Hogster is now mounted on an AR-15 chambered for the 300 HAM'R. I use it for running and gunning in fields where I may make 10 to 20 shots on running pigs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Super Yoter is on my Sig Cross, chambered for 308 Win. It is my dedicated thumper for most of the hunting I do as I rarely shoot more than twice and rapid follow up shots are not necessary. I'm thinking of putting up lights at a couple feeders just so I will use other rifles.

Typically any time i go afield I'm out at least an hour before daylight and many times in the eve hunt until 2 AM. In the last two years I could count on one hand how many times it has not accompanied me. At night when i get out of the stand, i may leave my pack, binocs and another rifle, but never the rifle with thermal.

Thermal suppressed is a game changer. Once tried successfully, you'll probably be spoiled. I am.