Originally Posted by BC30cal
AH64guy;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day in north VA is a tad warmer than here and that you're well.

Thanks so much for your service and your perspective, I appreciate both.

Thank you - it's shaping to be an early Spring and a long hot summer with a water shortage if we don't get a lot of rain in the next 45 days.

GRF hit it directly on the head:

Originally Posted by GRF
so if yall know a vet, a copper, an ER staffer, paramedic, firefighter, etc and they start to talk STFU and listen, really listen. That may be a moment of opening for them and your attentive listening may be just what they need.

As a veteran and those listed, we don't expect you to understand what we saw or experienced, but we may need you just listen when we decide open up about it.

There was a comment above about actively treating PTSD - the harsh reality is still that admission is first step in recovery - the person within has acknowledge that it's there, and be willing to do something about it.

The interviewee spoke of it - "we're fine, I'm fine, you're fine, all good here"...and then the drugs started - at some point she recognized it but sounds like much later.

Last edited by AH64guy; 03/06/24.