Originally Posted by koshkin
March scopes are essentially handbuilt. While anything can and does occasionally break, March scopes are built to a very high standard. Now, they have their own schtick in that they tend to (most of the time) go for fairly complicated designs that are light and/or short for what they are. However, the build quality is quite exceptional.

One interesting tidbit is that the engineering team at LOW that worked on the designs that made Nightforce's reputation (NXS, mostly) at some point left and started Deon Optical (that's March). They had an idea of the riflescope line to make that was not appropriate for LOW's OEM model, so they started their own shop.

ILya
I tried to make a March work on a hunting gun. Really impressive craftsmanship. But in the end, compact tubes and high zoom ratios just don’t marry well. If they’d drop the high zoom Schtick, made normal 3-5x erectors, and had US based service, I’d sell every scope I owned and would back up the truck.

As an aside, they also happen to do side impact/collimator tests and show it too.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/07/24.