Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

They must make something in the US - open reqs for Machinists - start at 20-24 an hour with assemblers making 17 an hour.

I don't know how that compares to the area for them. I will say, that's less than my son is making as a Machinist with 1 year's experience (all OJT) and the difference between where he lives and the Portland area is 31% more expensive to live there than here.
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

They must make something in the US - open reqs for Machinists - start at 20-24 an hour with assemblers making 17 an hour.

I don't know how that compares to the area for them. I will say, that's less than my son is making as a Machinist with 1 year's experience (all OJT) and the difference between where he lives and the Portland area is 31% more expensive to live there than here.
17 bucks an hour? And $24 for a machinist? That’s a skilled trade making burger flipping money. This right here really tells the entire story.
No one puts out a quality product paying cut rate wages. What a shame.

I just paid my boat mechanic $175 an hour! And I have zero complaints because he’s worth every penny when I am 60 miles out in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/07/24.