The deal on gutting that someone just doesn't understand at all is that its not FG rules. Its race rules. You follow the race rules. Thats all that governs that part and it what it is.

As to DLP there is a LOT more work involved there. Thankfully the time I had to shoot one it was legal, season etc... so didn't have to use the DLP stuff.

That said if you want to get onto a topic... if you DLP one, then you gut it etc... if you hit it with your vehicle you have to do nothing basically. Seems you still killed it. You should also have to gut and deliver? Neither one was by choice basically.

We wont' know more until its all over anyway. No sense in wasting time really.

I wondered a lot about the issue of turning around instead of running and resting.... That says a lot also. Not everything but a lot. There are issues that are life threatening for sure. Then there are injuries that need attention. No telling exactly where this fell. And it well could have been a moving target so to speak too.

Then the stuff that the moose was left in the trail for others to run over. OTOH have you ever tried to move a dead moose? Without taking at least half of it apart. Was that what it was. Strategy? Who knows.

Then you have how much did it need to be gutted? As noted car kills are never gutted and the meat utilized. There is that. Cold enough... at least get the guts part out but the liver, lungs, heart etc.... would not cause it to spoil really.

Again you have to follow Fish and game rules. But you are in a sanctioned race so whether you like the rules or not you have to follow them.

My personal thoughts ? its bad luck and is what it is. If I was running and won in less than 2 hours I'd want to turn my win over... just how I'm thinking that I would not want to win over a penalty that one only had partial control over.

We will find out all the answers soon enough.

All game laws are online and so easy to look up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....