Originally Posted by gunchamp
I find it amusing that some of you couldnt possibly imagine this not being an accident. There currently is not enough info out there for me to form a good opinion yet, but after all the insanity we have seen in the past few years, anything is possible. This could be cyber or lord knows what. Could just be a bad accident as well. Laughing off either possibility is very short sighted

The prevailing thought has been that it's anything BUT an accident. Some people, believing it's an accident, realize that it's unlikely that the engine room was "hacked" to stop ships power and then EXPERTLY rode momentum and currents to create a collision to take out a bridge at the BEST possible time of day to do so for mitigating loss of life. They did this knowing eventually power would come back on and reactions would ensure a collision after. They couldn't plan on her sinking as she only has 10 feet from keel to the bed - she's not gonna disappear under the waves....

The MAN 55,000 hp powerplant has Wi-fi and internet connectivity that opens it up for hacking - I'm sure.

They want to "attack" as retribution for whatever but not hurt anyone - makes sense.

Me