Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy

Part of it's the lighting, but mainly it's my mistake. blush I had put it into the barrel to amonia fume when I got a call which took me out of town right pronto. I forgot to take it out of the barrel and no amount of time with the butt would make them match.
Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of a process of 'amonia fuming'.. What does that do??

I love that checkering pattern on your SKB. I've considered something similar to that on my A5 but as dificult as that stuff is to chisel, it might be a nightmare to checker.

Do you do your own checkering?? That is a true art. I know my own limitations and that's certainly one of 'em.. If you want to do something like that, print the pix and send the stock and pix to Sherry Abraham. I'm betting she can do a job like that..

Those old english shotguns are pure art.. Some day I need to take a couple of hours and make a trip to Duluth, MN and visit 'Pug's Guns'... He's got a high-end collectors shop in a kinda seedy, non-descript area of the city and specializes in big-bux European shotguns.. You'd never know it by looking at the storefront.. Reminds me of the shops one would see in south Chicago or Iraq... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!