Only 5740 Ithaca Knick SBT's were made.
The nice thing is that they do not sell for stupid money.
My original gun from 1927 was about $1005.
In it's time it was the best of the best and it's like driving a 55 Chevy convertable.

Originally Posted by lovemy99
not to knock the gun AT ALL, as the Ithaca SBTs are great guns, but up through 4Es are really pretty common and don't bring huge money at all. Even the 5-7s don't bring stupid money for the amount of engraving... and it should be noted that Ithaca routinely used much nicer wood on all grades of guns than any other major SxS builder of the era. I have owned or own two Grade 2s and both have exception wood for a pretty basic level of shotgun.

I think the Baker probably would command a bit more just on rarity sake more than anything...Baker doubles like the "black beauty are not uncommon but I certainly don't see a lot of the SBTs around.

just my $.02.

And DF, I can claim basically no part of the Pieper restoration other than writing the check and sourcing the buttplate which came from some GREAT help from a fellow campfire member who took a great deal of risk and bore some initial expense to help me get a duplicate made... great ppl here on the fire.