I have owned 15 Toyota Pickups and ALLLL have been absolute gems. Several have gone over 250,000 miles with NO major work and very little minor work. I run them hard and play off road A LOT! They are extremely dependable and really hold their resale value. They are easy to work on and when and if you do need parts, they aren't any more than other brands, often times MUCH less. I would offer the guy $17,000 for the double cab and negotiate from there.

The V6 motor has a lot of torque, especially for a small 6. You won't be wanting for power, even with a full load. I laugh when the American die hard truck owners try and compare the torque of a Toyota 6 cyl to a big V8. Of course the V8 is going to walk away, but the Toyota 6 will give the 8 a run for for it's money. I like the 4 cyl's better for mileage and clanking around the hills. The new 4 cyl's have GREAT torque and power. I love both of mine. I couldn't ask for a better product. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.