Having been through two vehicle searches in the last two years, I spent considerable time perusing the car/truck forums and also the vehicle boards of the hunting/shooting forums. FWIW, I bought a Toyota Tundra V8 Extended cab to replace a very reliable but 12 year old F-150 with 140,000 on it.

Funny thing - according to the collective thoughts of the public, if you own a Dodge, Ford or a Chevy, you either have the greatest and most reliabe vehicle since two feet were invented, or you have the biggest POS ever fostered on the unsuspecting masses, depending upon the individual experiences of the owner.

But, no one ever bad mouths a Toyota - at least not for mechanical reliability. They may rust, or if you haul bricks for a living they may not be powerful enough, but for a gas and go vehicle that can still handle some rough terrain and about 90% of what an average joe will ever need a truck to do - I have not ever seen one complaint.

There may be better machines for other purposes. But I like to keep things simple and buy things that I know won't let me down - that's why I like Leupold scopes and why the next truck I buy will almost assuredly be another Toyota.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!