I have a '01 V6 Tacoma Double Cab 4wd with the TRD package. It is by far, the most useful vehicle I have ever owned. I have just under 50K miles on it now, and no problems. The TRD package includes a selectable locking rear differential. If I put it in 4 Lo and lock the diff, it is an absolute mountain goat. I have three kids, and there is enough room for all of us, and plenty of room for luggage in the back (I have a cap on it). On the highway, I have gotten as high as 23mpg, at higher altitudes (southern CO), but most of the time get just a smidge over 20 (TX). That's doing 70-75mph. Around town, I get 17 - 18.

Power, is ample, if you know where to find it. It's not like a V8 with lots of low-end torque, but, just shift down and get the rpms up, and it will have more power than you will ever need. You need not be afraid of hi revs with this engine. It will scream if you want it to. I have only pulled a trailer once, but it was a 16 ft. flat-bed full of furnature. It dealt with it just fine.

I'm not sure on the price, but I do know that Toyotas maintain their value better than the domestics. Do a little research, and see what the blue book is and then dicker. I think you'll love it if you get it.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14