There is a 500gn TSX. But for most 458 magnums it's way too long and eats up too much powder space. Terry Wieland complained of that even for his 458 Lott.

But, there are at least a couple of exceptions to that. 1)The 460 Weatherby, and 2)my 458 Win which can be loaded to a COL of 3.75", crimped into the bottom cannelure of that bullet, giving more powder room than the 458 Lott loaded to a COL of 3.6". For anyone interested in a CZ550 in 458 Win, it can be loaded to a max COL of 3.8", without any modifications.

When I purchased that rifle 16 months ago, that was a selling feature for me. Although, at the time, I didn't know for sure how long I could seat the bullets. Now I know. It's ideally suited for the Barnes Banded Solids and TSX's. The more I use it, the more I love it. As noted above, it'll go moose hunting to Northern Ontario in a few days. All of that said to promote the 458 Win, regardless of COL, and the CZ as an exceptionally fine rifle for Africa AND North America. smile

Last edited by CZ550; 10/04/08.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus