Thanks for your reply, JB

You read correctly but I said that pressure is the same whether in a bolt, lever, pump, or other. Some posters implied that a lever gun designed to operate at 50,000 CUP was far inferior to a bolt gun designed to operate at the same pressure. Shooters continually degrade the Marlin as being a weak action. Just because the 336 is chambered for a 30-30 designed to operate at a max of 38,000 CUP does not mean that the rifle is not capable of higher pressure. The Winchester Mod 70 was chambered for the 30-30, does that does that limit it's max to 38,000 ? No, in fact, I know some mentally challanged shooters who run their Mod 70s at 70,000 to 75,000 PSI. BTW you may notice that your Mod 70 does NOT have a gas deflector at the back of the bolt to devert gases, gas follows the bolt to the shooters face.

The 375 Win run at 52,000 CUP not PSI, CUP and PSI are not the same. That would be close to 60,000 PSI.

Browning and Savage lever guns are much stronger that many bolt actions guns. Comparing weak lever guns to stronger bolt guns is NOT a valid compareison.

One of the strongest bolt guns is the Remington 788. Guess what, the 788 has rear locking lugs and not front locking lugs.

The Krag the 95 Mauser and the early Springfield 1903 are all bolt guns but none are as strong as a Marlin 336 or 1895 (which is also a 336 with enlarged ejection port) The 1895 is maybe a little weaker than the smaller calibers because of the larger dia. 45-70 case thus less metal around the cartridge.

This is intended for information only, not in any way as a "put down". JB ask a valid question and I tried to answer at least in part.

another JB