Originally Posted by NurseKat
Originally Posted by dogzapper
I suffered from plantar fasciitis for well over five years. Some days, I was totally down from the pain.

It was amazing how many ineffective treatments the doctors and prodiatrists had. The MDs injected huge amounts of cortisone with horse needles, there were orthotics and one prodiatrist had me scheduled for surgery to SEVER both plantar tendons.

One day, a neighbor who lives a block away, advised me to rub my feet with Vick's Vaporub every night and put on socks. Willing to try anything, I did just that every evening and again before going to bed.

The plantar fasciitis pain lessened and in about a week it was totally gone.

I have occasional light flare-ups, but a night or two of Vick's and socks and it's totally gone.

Totally true story.

Steve

PS. A hint: Don't apply Vick's to your feet and then wipe your azz. gringringrin

Steve,
Bout to have surgery myself for plantar facititis and heel spurs! Im gonna have to try this remedy first. As bad as I despise the smell of Vics, if it will help my feet, I will try it.

Friend Kat,

I was a total disbeliever and just knew that it would not work. Dang if it didn't work.

I didn't mention all of the physical therapy (twelve sessions), exercises and rolling my feet over Coke cans every morning.

My friend, Vick's spread thickly on my feet and spending evenings in loose-fitting socks worked a miracle. In a week or so, I was totally pain free. Unbelieveable, but totally true.

I forgot to mention that my bride of 45 years had the same problem a year or two later. She hobbled around for several months and one day I talked her into trying the silly Vick's Vaporub thing. A week or two later, she was fine and the plantar fasciitis never returned

Kat, I truly hope and pray that this will work for you. You know how bad the pain is and this is a truly noninvasive remedy. Please try Vick's every day for a while. Please let me know if it works for you.

Your friend Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397