Man was killed over a turkey!!! What else do you need to know?? If a kid steals a pack of gum and flees the police should he be shot also? While I am all for enforcing game laws, I don't think any animal is worth a human life. Honestly, I think the game laws in most states are totally out of control. Prison time and fines in the tens of thousands of dollars over animals?!? I once had a pair of wardens approach me as my then 8 year old son and I were leaving our duck blinds. One warden very politely asked to see my ducks and check my shotgun and ammo (everything was in order, as I check and double check everything, particularly when waterfowl hunting). While he was talking to my son and I, the other warden stood 20 yards away with his hand on his gun trying to look dangerous. A man with his hand on his gun in the presence of my young son worried me. I gotta admit that my first thought was to tell that ba$stard to take his hand off his gun or I'd take it off for him. But what do you do, you're at their mercy in that situation and they know it. That is the type of behavior that escalates situations, there was no need to touch a weapon, my shotgun was in a case and I was compliant. Nobody should ever get shot over a game violation, call it discretion, call it common sense, but they are just animals. Give the ticket later or catch them some other time - better yet don't create a situation where the only out is a gun fight.