Finally obtained the initial chronograph readings of a few test loads in the 404-375 Ruger. Hornady 400 gn DGXs with increasing charges of IMR-4350 & H-4350 produced MVs at 15' from 2093-2214 fps, with no case or primer signs of high pressures. These were all starting loads as there is sufficient case capacity with the Hornady bullets to increase these loads by several grains.

The only Barnes 400 gn TSX loads fired over the chrono so far were loaded with RL-15 and produced an avg MV of 2230fps. Next will fire BL-C2 with the TSXs and increasing H-4350 loads with the Hornady DGXs and Woodleigh 400 gn SPs. Target MV is 2300-2350 fps which seems attainable.

Recoil in the Hawkeye African is easily manageable seated at the bench and about comparable to the heavier Ruger MKII Magnum 458 Lott firing 350 gn bullets at ~2400fps.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now