bwinters,

One of the recovered AB's was from my NT mulie buck, quartering away....shot behind LFS and travelled thru heart/lungs and thru RFS (bone/muscle) and found bullet in the hide (67 retained)...44metres shot. An hour later I shot my 8x7 Whitetail @ 554 metres - double lung pass thru. I let the buck finish his business with one doe and as he turned broadside to look at another doe...I shot him....fell over backwards dead. Both animals with my 300WM and 180gr AB's...83% retained

Another was from a bull moose @ about 150 metres-broadside at slight angle of quartering away. Same result as the mulie with same rifle (Sako m75ss 300WM)

The other recovered 140gr AB bullet was from a large cow elk couple years ago with my 270WSM. Bullet retained 85%

Small entrance wounds with huge exits with pass thru with major internal distruction to major organs (pulverized lungs).

The only 2 shot animal I know of was my wife with her Tikka T3 LS 270WSM and 140gr AB's... and the only reason was to stop the bull moose from getting into the timber. Her first shot was a double lung pass thru @ 325 metres. The bull turned and ran 20 metres, stopped and she nailed him again...almost in the same spot behind the LF shoulder...perfect bullet placements. The bull dropped. First shot did its job, I just didnt want to work hard with 3ft plus of snow. To say the least I was very proud of her with her first bull moose. And she put the meat on the table that year with the moose and the year before with a cow elk.

That 270WSM caliber with 140gr Accubond sure has impressed me... to the point I hunted with my rifle (identical to my wife's) mostly the last 2 seasons.

Retumbo is the powder with 215 Federal primers for my 270WSM's and RL-22 for the 300WM. Fatherinlaw shoots the factory Winchester Supreme 160gr Accubonds. Had the bullets to reload his but now he loves using one of the 270WSM's.

Hope this helps.