I neglected to add the reason I added my hunt info to this thread. I used the AB for deer and the TSX for elk making the assumption that the Accubond was a better bullet for smaller game. I've used the Barnes X previously with fairly good success and assumed more penetration was better for larger bodied game. Having read this thread, with JB's comments, I'm no longer so sure.

I have two upcoming potential hunts and am deciding what to work up for new loads now that I've collected brass and components. I'd prefer to take only one bullet type on either hunt, based both on terminal performance and assuming good groups with my rifle.

NWT Dall Sheep - clearly the Accubond would be a great choice, particularly if a longish shot is necessary (as would the TSX). But is either bullet a liability if we're forced to make a defense shot on a grizzly (obviously only at close range).

Plains game Africa, probably Namibia - mostly elk sized and larger animals. It sounds like from Mule Deer's experience the AB would be fine.