Grat post, Bob! Thanks for the history lesson (really, seriously... that sounds sarcastic... my brain ain't working so well yet today...)

I suppose next you are gonna say that my generation didn't invent sex, eh? smile

We come at this from opposite perspectives, almost. When you came up, bullet failure was common if not routine. It was a problem. By virtue of me coming into the sport so recently (circa 1999), the lens I see this stuff through is the color of good bullet performance... not a problem.

Interestingly, the availability of easy techno fixes for trajectory also led me straight to heavier for caliber bullets at "sane" velocities. 2900 fps kind of floats my boat. I would expect that to be another kind of fundamental difference between the mindset from way back then (grin) and nowadays; it sure seems like flatness of trajectory was a major point of obsession to folks back then. Guess it still is. But as we've talked about before, bullet problems are minimized when you are running bullets of high SD, at reasonable speeds. They just sorta work.

Anyway, I totally see where you are coming from, and I have zero doubt that it works and works well. And, thanks again for the timeline on those bullet makers. That's pretty cool stuff.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!