Originally Posted by Mike Armstrong
I was impressed by the "1875" Sharps; they make a nice compromise between the "Little Sharps" '74s made in Italy and a full-sized '74. Heavy enough to handle some "buffalo" rounds without destroying your shoulder but much more compact than a '74. Since I like Ruger #1s, the investment cast reciever doesn't bother me a bit. But I'm still gettin' a Hiwall.

You gotta watch that '75, they like to discharge on their own. We had a Cowboy Shoot the week before last with a couple long range targets. One shooter had a C. Sharps '75 and when he loaded it, closed the action..."Boom" we were all caught off guard. Good thing he had it pointed down at the ground as it blew a nice furrow in the dirt about 5 feet in front of the shooter.

If you went to C. Sharps by way of the main drive in Big Timber, you passed the best rifle builder in all of Montana and maybe even USA, as Shiloh is first on your right on the way to C. Sharps. They would have been a great second stop and you would have liked what you saw even more!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]