Got my 1885 about a month ago. Finish is great; the wood (I ordered the standard wood) is as good as or better than an original Winchester--very nice.

But it wouldn't fire. That is, the hammer would cock when the block was dropped, but the trigger wouldn't drop the hammer. Worse, when the block was closed about 1/5 of the way, the hammer would fall. I'm not sure if the rifle would have fired a loaded cartrideg and I didn't experiment with it, just sent it back for warranty work ASAP.

I just got it back last night and all functions fine; a note from the boss man at C.Sharps was enclosed, apologising for the inconvenience. They also shipped it back to me by air, which I very much appreciate.

Put the sights on it last night and took it to the range today for a test run, breaking the barrel in with jacketed bullets like the factory instructions tell you to. The range was only 50 yards, so no real test of accuracy, but I could make all of the three-shot groups touch, many of them made "three-leaf clovers." That was with Winchester factory stuff, which is a bit undersized for the Badger barrel (a tiny bit). I'll post later when I get some handloads and a longer range.