Okay, the 2900fps speed I have to say the 165tsx, it's what I'm shooting and all the hunters that use my 30'06's use as well. I would not be able to choose otherwise as it would be a contradiction to what I use myself. I have a lot of hunters come to camp and use this 30/06. I don't wanna search for lost game, nor do I want the blame for having game lost due to my handloads.

The only "premium bullet" that should stay at 180 for a 30/06 is the NP. that is due to the significant weight loss after impact. This is not a problem, just part of the design that needs to be considered.

the 200 gr NP from a fast rifle like a 300 mag is great, maybe not the best long range or all around option, but for Plains game which is usually shot at 200 yards or less, mostly much less, the 200 grain NP is a good choice. It will lose a lot of weight after impact, but due to the bigger starting size it's still likely over 100-120 grains once the front explodes inside the lungs and heart.

Please make no mistake here, I'm not anti bullet of any make( except cup and core) I have seen a lot of performance differences when several hundred big game are shot in camp per year. So I'm not trying to promote or embellish anything here. There are only a few differences between them, they are all better then cup and core, and higher velocity makes all of them work better. I suppose there is a limit to the velocity. The benefits of shooting at or a bit over 3000fps are significant compared to shooting at 2700 or 2800fps and under.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)