I dont know about the idaho thing, i have lived there 20 years moved to ne montana last spring, idaho has lots of people, everywhere you go there will be someone in front of you and behind you, overrun with 4wheelers that think they can go anywhere they please anytime of the year, nows a good time to buy a house there, i will sell you my extra one,,,,,, jobs in the construction- realestate non existint, huge migratory work force that present there own problems, excellent fly fishing on the owyhee river in oregon, virtually no deer or elk, compared to the past few years, poor upland bird opportunity, i used to shoot over 200 chukar a year there, not any more, idaho fish and game will end up having a draw for all big game if they want to have any populations at all, just like oregon and nevada, so you wont get to hunt every year even though you live there, i have mules, to get away from the people in the hills, spent a few years on the nevada idaho border, great place out there in the shadows of the jarbidge wilderness, pocatello area has about anything you need closer to other states to hunt in though,eastern montana western north dakota, jobs, housing, hunting , warm water fishing, 30 below for a few weeks and some wind, i lived in murtaugh idaho a while, more wind there and felt nearly as cold,i can shoot a limit of phes and sharptails most days, a handful of does, choice of a good mulie or white tail buck, few elk around, my friend and i harvested a bull last week archery gear, i dont if this is the best place but i wouldnt move to the boise valley for a free house and 70,000 year job ,ever,i have thought montrose or grand junction if i was to move, thought about arizona, but maybe a little to hot, i would be careful about the idaho deal unless you like people, gridlock, pushing and shoving in the grocery store, thiefs in the night, loud stereos and big chrome wheels,,,,