Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Yah been there what the average wage. Turned down too many jobs in that State you have to be able to make a desent living. Not a bad place to retire.

Reminds me of a time about twenty years ago. We had some corporate guys doing some work at our facility. One of them, after following me around for a couple of shifts, offered me work in S Cali at "3 times what you're making here".

I asked him if I could support my life style in Cali at the promised wage.

"I don't know, what is your life style?"

"I want my own piece of ground. 20 acres minimum. Space to raise my own beef and keep a few horses. No neighboring houses for at least 1/2 mile. The ability to shoot high power rifles safely from my front porch. Nobody close enough to needlessly call the cops if it becomes necessary to spank one of my kids. Elk and deer hunting, with a high likelihood of success, and a low likelihood of tripping over other hunters within an hour drive. Streams, rivers, and lakes to fish within an hour drive."

Oh, and by the way, I value time with my family, so I do not want to spend more than 40 minutes daily commuting."

The California corporate guy shook his head and admitted I could not even come close to meeting my needs in California at 3 times money I was then making in Idaho. (Well actually I work just over the river in Eastern Oregon and live in Idaho.)

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.