Originally Posted by GregW
You want people's opinions but you're not really listening to them.

Field and Stream ... funny. laugh Everything doesn't have to be filled with such drama. cry Chill out. I was simply wondering about his personal experiences with the 270. Yes, I see that he shoots a 270 for Elk ... how many times has he not had an exit wound? How many times has the Elk run more than 100 yards after being shot? Just curious. This isn't religion or politics ... well, hunting and shooting is pretty close to it. smile

Besides, when I shoot my 325WSM or 300RUM, I don't need to worry about bullet quality. That's the definition of "marginal". With a 270, a good shot with a good bullet will do the job. With a 325WSM, I just put the cross hairs on the neck or heart, pull the trigger, and grab a snack. Done deal. I have seen, on more than one occasion, a 270 bullet go clean through the neck of a deer, and it ran for nearly 200 yards. I've seen deer shot through the neck with a 270 that never stopped but was shot the following week by another hunter and we found a 270 bullet hole through the neck. EVERY deer/elk I've hit in the neck with the 325WSM has dropped DRT.

Obviously, with these 270 examples of neck shots, the bullet missed the backbone and the jugular. And yes, if you can't make a good shot you shouldn't be hunting. The 325WSM is a fire and forget caliber without the punishment of one of the big magnums.

460 SW Mag