Elk- killin' Montana bastids... grin... Y'all need to SUFFER for your elk like the rest of us! grin

To the OP: it's been said enough but I'll add my voice to the choir: '06 is a powerful cartridge, period. This gets forgotten because there are lots of MORE powerful cartridges, but...

So, you have one very good elk rifle that you are very comfortable with. If you want another one, and money and recoil don't matter, in a long action the .338 Win Mag has "elk whacker" stamped right there on the barrel. Or it should. smile In a WSM action, I would point you at a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM or .325 WSM. Whole lotta whoop-ass per pound, with those WSM Montanas!

I personally would put a smaller scope on your '06 though. A Leupold with the B&C reticle sure works, as does the Rapid-Z reticle you mentioned. However no point in investing in the reticle and rangefinder unless you are willing to commit to at LEAST several hundred rounds of practice with it, in field conditions, at longer ranges... Just IMHO.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!