Originally Posted by mike762
I understand about forward basing, especially IRT logistics, but having men in 120 countries around the world and all at our expense? Why do we still have troops garrisoning Japan and Germany? Let them pick up the tab for their defense, or pay us for it, and not by purchasing our debt. All that does is make us beholden to them. Let them pay us what it costs. Same with the rest of the freeloading world. This activity has us well along the road to bankruptcy, because between military expenditures and our social programs, we cannot afford it anymore. Something has to give, and expenditures for defending people who can afford to defend themselves is one that has to end.

What's silly about abolishing the IRS and going to a straight flat tax paid by everyone-no exceptions, and no "progressivity". I would even go with a consumption tax if we could rid ourselves of the 16th Amendment. At least with either a universal flat tax or a consumption tax, everyone would have skin in the game, and would be much more wary about how and why funds were spent.

You already know my feelings on the Fed. When the ponzi scheme that is the Fed implodes under its own weight of debt, and we're held liable for it, and our currency is finally destroyed by the Feds activities, then maybe people will understand how pernicious an institution it is. There's a very good reason that most of the founders did not want a central bank, and you're seeing the reason why unfold every day.

[Linked Image]