The proper way to understand and apply Scripture precludes jumping straight to application, or even interpretation, from just reading a passage or part of a passage. The first step is Observation, then Interpretation, and finally Application. Observation is the step where context is observed and understood. Only when the context is understood can a passage be competently interpreted, and only when the passage is competently intepreted can it be correctly applied
That might be fine when dealing with what boneheads like me and you write, RR, but God's meanings are a little more encompassing than your little process allows. Very few things in scripture are as limited as you suggest. Read it one day and yeah, so what. Then read it another and it jumps off the page and into your life situation.

Let's just let this slide. You and I don't see eye to eye on the tax thing or the biblical analogy, and that's fine. No sense beating it into the mud and cluttering up a thread. My bad for introducing what I did. But I can be unpredictable when called names by arrogant spoiled brats(not you).

Have a blessed day! wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.