depends on alot of things, i can deal with a hell of alot of pain in my knees and back, grit my teeth and get through it if i have to......give me a headache at half the level of pain and i cant function....i dont understand how my wife says she can ignore her migraines to a certain point cause i sure in the hell cant ignore a regular headache.....my wife can ignore her head until it gets real bad but a smaller level of pain on her foot drives her nuts....

as far as dentists, i have no pain nerves in my teeth, i can have an nerve open to the air and it not bug me for two and a half years....i walked out of one dentists office after i decided to get something done with that tooth she insisted i needed pain meds, figured if i couldnt get through her head that it hasnt hurt for 2 and a half years she wasnt gonna listen to a damn thing i was saying anyway and found a different dentist....

spikes of pain dont bug me, i can grit my teeth through them and they go away, no big deal.....my problem is a lower level that never seems to go away.....that chit can drive you nuts...

pain tolerance and what sort of pain can be tolerated varies greatly from one individual to another......Scott says he can ignore his back pain, good for him i tried that in the beginning with my knees, worked for 12 months before i couldnt do it anymore, my brain literally started shutting my body down and i would sleep for 18 hours a day....guess it decided if i wasnt going to deal witht he pain it was going to make it so i avoided pissing them off.....doc said it was a form of depression associated with chronic pain patients and told me to quit whatever in the hell i was doing....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books