Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by rrroae
If I decide not to believe in Christianity or any other God based faith, will God send me to an eternity in hell?

The whole thing just seems absurd. I didn't ask to be born into this life but according to Christianity, that was part of God's plan.

So now that I'm born, I'm given 2 choices -

- Believe in God and honor him for which he'll reward me with an eternity in Heaven

or

- Not believe in God which means he'll make me spend an eternity suffering

...sort of makes God seem a bit vengeful and vindictive
'

I've read this whole thread and it reinforces a contradiction in reasoning that I became aware of years ago :

The same guys who have no problem accepting the fact that the universe is so immense that its size is incomprehensible to our minds will demand of the Creator of the universe that He be understandable to us . Our puny selves demand that He satisfy our intellect and - once that is done - we will allow for His existence .

Jesus Christ is very real and as Brother Lawrence put it many years ago : " He is within you - look not for Him elsewhere . "

Once He is accepted , all questions will vanish .

Until He is accepted , no answer will satisfy .
Excellent post! Well said.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.