Lovesomeshootin-

I have two rifles at the moment in the "bob" and one "Better Bob". Have also owned a M-700 Classic that I rather wish I'd not let go of...

That said, I also own six rifles in 6.5x55... Including the only factory Rem M-40X I have ever seen. And have previously owned at least that many more.

The definitive answer to your question lies in nearly any loading manual printed in the last 25 years. The fact is, the 6.5 outperforms the Bob in about every arena.

I know I risk the wrath of the Bob lovers, but the truth is I like the "Bob" myself... However the Swede just does everything better... Especially with a much better bullet selection.

When it comes to 300M competition, one will not have to look hard to find a Swede... But a .257 on the line would be rare, indeed.

The above notwithstanding; when it comes to varmints and deer... It's doubtful one could tell the difference in the field.

Thus: my best advice is; Go with the one that YOU like best... smile

Edw

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"