Well, I've only killed one big game animal with a factory loaded centerfire ctg. This was due to lost ammo by Alaska Airlines. I had to buy a box of shells in Bethel, AK. Before My flight out to the moose hunt I bought a box of 180 grain REMINGTON Core-locs. in 30-06. And worried the whole time about using factory made ammo. Well, the one shot I took worked vary well on the Yukon bull that I shot at from 50 yards. As the meat did turn to sh t (the result of a great many dinners). I had loaded Core-locs in the past and had faith in them just not in factory ammo. I just bought a case of the Core-locs (2000) in .308 180grain SP's. The case I bought in .257 having worked so well. I shoot a lot of game and like the Core-locs vary well. I will add in passing that in Bush, AK. the REMINGTON 7mm mag has a great reputation as a most reliable killer. In the big city areas of this state you can't hardly give this chambering away. The reason goes back to the wholesaler. The ammo that first came out was the REMINGTON Bronze points in this chambering at least that is all the wholeseller brough into the state. As anyone who has tried this bullet knows, it's a great expload on impact bullet. Guides told me of watching hunters blow patches of hair off of moose with this load. Now by the time the first ammo hit the Bush stores it was Core-locs and by the time the Give away prices on town rifles in 7 mag hit the bush these old boys did'nt know about the bad rep and went on their way to feeding themselfs and familys using the Core-locs and 7 mag. Of course they have the added advantage of knowing where a bullet belongs and know better than take a shot that will only wound. I on the other hand will tell you of a vary large bull shot on the Yukon that had 7 recovered bullets that were not mine, that all were Noslers. Old grown over wounds. He went into the freeezer with a 180grain Woodliegh, in .30-06. That hump shot is a sure fire "put'em down shot" I think the only question we should ask ourselfs is why do we buy into so much hype from these gunwriters, the magazines make there money from ads. If you really have a question about a bullet, shoot something with it and recover it. I do not know anyone that prefers a bullet to go through an anmial as oposed to killing it in his tracks,with the exception of the gunwriters!

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV