Wisegeezer

I've had the same experience with 150 gr. Corelocks as you.

A few years back I picked up a Sav. 99 with the barrel cut to 16.5" in 308 Win. being here in WA I couldn't find the 180 gr. RN Corlocks that were my favorite back im WI. I bought the 150's after reading rave reviews on how it was a great dear round.

I shot a small 8 point buck at about 10 feet broadside and was amazed when it ran off, didn't even fire another shot as I expected it to fall any second. I ended up following that deer over one hundred yards most of the way just following tracks in the snow. It was only in the last 30 yards was the there any blood and it kept getting heavier. When I found the deer it looked as someone else had shot the deer because it looke like the was an exit wound on the side where the bullet should have gone in. Upon dressing the deer I found that only fragments of the bullet had penetrated the lung cavity. Thinking that I must have hit a twig or something I continued to hunt. Later on in the day I shot a large doe comeing straight at me at about 20 yards. The bullet struck at the base of the throat and blew up there creating a large gaping wound with no penetration to the body cavity.

I still think the 180 gr. RN bullets are great but getting harder and harder to find in the stores I use hand loads almost exclusively.

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders