A few years ago my brother shot a huge 8 point in the Adirondacks with his m70 .308 using 150 gr. Core-Lokt factory loads. The deer was at 40 yds give or take a few and after hit went another 40 or so. The bullet was recovered in the hide on the off side after a near perfect broadside shot. He called me concerned about the performance of the bullet and I assured him that the bullet worked-he had a dead buck. I was assuming that velocity at that distance caused the bullet to rapidly expand, moreso than it would have at longer range. I had a chance to see the recovered bullet on a trip to N.Y. and would love to send it to Remington as they could use it for advertising. It looked like the controlled bullets fired into water and was completely intact. I told my brother that all the energy from that bullet was expended in the deer and he shouldn't worry, to keep on using them, because they shoot into .6 inches in his gun at 100 yds. I just bought 200 on sale from Midway hoping one more bullet would shoot well in my Kimber.
BTW that 8 pt. weighed 202 lbs.,field dressed, on a scale.
Mike.

Last edited by CoastieChief; 01/30/05.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26