Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
378 wby, quickest, hardest ever in a 9.5 lb gun........but then again, I've never shot a 460 wby.

MM

MM,
FWIW, I have read in a few different places that the 378's felt recoil is worse than that of a 460Wby.
Now, I don't know if that is true,as I have never fired the 460 but I found it to be noteworthy all the same.
And I've never fired a 378 but had a 460 for about a dozen years. I really had fun shooting that gun, except for the 600 grain Barnes I had for it. Those hurt. The thing I've heard about the 378 vs the 460, is the 378 comes back quicker. Having had a Lazz Warbird, I can understand the concept. That Warbird deserved about as much respect as the 460 or it could leave a mark. Good form, good follow though, and remembering what you're shooting accounts for a lot of whether the rifle gets the better of the shooter or not, I believe.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.