I'm pretty tolerant of rifle recoil, though most of my shooting has been with things 0.308 and smaller.

A Freedom Arms 454 Casull was handed quickly back to its' owner after one shot. I have RA in my hands and wrists that tolerate a full bore 44 mag load fine. That 454 crossed some sort of line.

I don't do 3.5" 12 ga. My momma never raised no foo.....

Got scope bit from a 788 carbine in .308 shooting Hornady Customs 165 load. Was shooting (awkwardly)from an improvised rest and things went very wrong

Cumulative damage:

Lyman Trade Rifle 50 cal. shooting sabotted 240 and 300 gr. XTP's, as well as some of the 385gr Great Plains bullets. A few dozen of those from a bench and I had a horribly sore check for a week or so.

Shooting a sporting clays event to benefit BSA with an 870 pump. Shells provided were AA Super Handicaps and I shot over 200 that day.
I was shooting way over my head that day on what was an extremely difficult coarse. One station had 3 different true pairs that would break at your feet if you did not get them in the air. I was the only person out of a couple hundred (including many pro's) that broke all six birds on that station. Several other stations had shots that were all but impossible with a pump gun and I paid a price. Many of my shots were taken with the shotgun nowhere near my shoulder. I think a lot of my second shots were taken with the butt over my breast.

I was shooting on a company sponsored team that day and won some tremendous bragging rights, though the pain I endured is much fresher in my memory. I spent the next three days flat on my back barely able to breathe. It seems those repeated shots with the butt plate against my ribs really did some damage.

The first day I could really walk after that I went and bought a Beretta sporting clays gun in the semi-auto config.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.