.615 for the 140 6.5 VLD VS .530 for the 150 .270 cal bullets may not seem like a lot of difference to you but I will take the .615 anyday over the .530.

I like to shoot a lot, for that reason I always have a couple of .308s 223s and 6bRs laying around. I preserve the barrels on my hunting rifles for preperation for a hunt and verifying my drop charts everyday when I am on a hunt and for occassional shooting.

Originally Posted by 65BR
Sat on a plane on the way to the SHOT show years ago, a smith on board, raved on the 6.5 WSM, and I love 6.5s. Asked about bbl life, it was not much. I like to shoot, alot, but re-bbl seldom, a budget consideration.

That said, I DID have an interest in the WSSM had it ever been mfg. It is said to be fickle getting brass done right, but it is one good looking little round.

The 6.5 WSM begs the question to me why? I mean a 270 WSM with say good 140 will do alot, and I know the 150 Ballistic Tips look like an ICBM they are so long and high BC/SD, less erosion/greater bore life, factory guns/ammo/dies, etc.

Just seems alot of trouble - the 6.5 WSM. The 284, 06 and Win Mag seem more practical solutions to long range 6.5s in my thinking.

Just me. Now if I were a smith, and had a lathe....I'd wildcat more I suppose.