Anyone used it who'd offer feedback?

A couple years back I had a local gunsmith rebarrel a 700 .375 H&H that wouldn't shoot to .338 win mag with a Lilja tube. I set it up planning to shoot 225 grain accubonds and partitions. It shoots them, and everything else, pretty well at 100 yards but by 200 things are looking sad and at 300 yards, I wouldn't bet on putting 5 consecutive shots on a dinner plate. Not good enough.

I've tried 200s and 210s ... cup 'n' core, bonded, partitions, etc. Equally bad.

I've been fighting with the SOB for almost 2 years. frown frown

On a whim, last thing before punting the rifle ... either outright sale or rebarrel ... I got some 185 grain TTSXes just in the spirit of getting clear away from what wasn't working. At 100 they barely outshoot the Noslers, but at 200 the difference is pretty significant and at 300, damn good.

Just not sure they have the S.D. of a bullet I want to put in an elk, even as a monolithic bullet.

So, to make a long story short, I'm looking for input from people who've used these on elk. Do they exit on raking shots, say .. 45 degrees? If I whack one on the shoulder is it coming out the other side?

Tom

Last edited by T_O_M; 11/27/10.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...