Originally Posted by T_O_M
I took it out today. Neither the 210 TTSX nor the 225 grain Nos AB shot well, ballpark 3 inches at 100 yards. I shot up the rest of that ammo. 80-85 rounds of .338 in one sitting ... my shoulder doesn't like me. The leftover 185 grain TTSXes went roughly MOA Couple squirrels came up on the berm and I whopped them. Got complete penetration. smile smile

It's time to move on. It's sighted in for the 185s and I have 12 shells left, good enough to kill something while I'm trying to figure out what the plan is. Probably nothing 'til after Christmas.

Any Bolt Action rifle that shoots 3 MOA has something wrong with it. The last time I saw something like that was a guy at the local range with a SAKO in .300 Win Mag and the culprit ended up being an extremely small burr on the muzzle. A simply twist with a case deburing tool turned the same rifle into a .7MOA SAKO which is to be expected.

The issue will likely be crown, bedding, loose scope mount, scope, stock or shooter. The last thing I would blame is ammo because it is extemely hard to make bad ammo when all those bullets have been tried. It is most likely mechanical.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.