Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
I've never been a huge fan of the idea of a .30 caliber bullet weight in a .338. I mean, get a .300 if that's the idea, and you'll get a better BC/SD to go along with it.

I agree with that. I don't know why, but this rifle flat ass will not shoot any bullet 200 grains or up that I've tried into groups I'll accept. I built it around the 225 accubond. Prior to the 185 TTSX, those shot best. They're pretty respectable, sub MOA at 100 yards, around 2 MOA at 200 yards, and 3.5 to 5 MOA at 300 yards ... greater than linear increase with distance. I just doesn't cut the mustard.

Pretty sure it's going up for another rebarrel or outright sale within a month or two. I need to take it to the range one more time.

Tom

Rifles is funny critters. My .340 dotes on 210gr TSX's. I've got a batch of 250gr Partitions that I badly need to work up a load for but there's so little that can't be done with a .338/210gr TSX at 3100fps I've been too lazy to try. My "gun guru" I gave the rifle to when I firt got it for the purpose of quickly putting together a load (he's got every powder and bullet you can imagine on hand) went through a few loads and hit the 210/RL19 combo and it's shot little else since.

Good luck!

By the way, have you tried the 160gr TTSX yet? smile

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.